Microenterprise and Education

Some of the same widows and grandmothers who are taking part in the Operation Orphan Rescue Pilot Project in Zimbabwe will have the opportunity to start a new business and life with their children and grandchildren!

 

We have initiated the broiler bird rearing business for the first 10 families in the village starting with the eldest grandparents with the most grandchildren that may have AIDS or Malaria, who demonstrate the ability and desire to operate a business and have their children at home.  For as little as $300.00 per family we can educate them on developing a business that generates a profit of over $135.90 every six weeks.  Within six months they are able to pay back the loan, and it then becomes available to another well deserving family!

This model creates an environment where economic as well as spiritual and personal growth is fostered and allows the people to be instruments of change in their own lives.  Because the people of the area have invested themselves into these projects they are more invested in their maintenance and success.  In doing so, the people of the area are empowered to prosper and become self sufficient. leaving behind their need for hand-outs.

Other forms of education with the trades and agriculture are also being implemented. There are pigs, chickens, goats, cows and gardens to be a part of the village which all produce food for the children. In the unique model, which may be replicated in other villages as well, 40% of what is grown is consumed by the children, and the other 60% is sold at market and brought back to the store house (the Church).

For my father and mother have forsaken me, but the Lord will take me in.

Psalm 27:10

Our Mission

The mission of Change a Life Foundation is to bring together resources, acting upon and resulting in positive life changes.

 

Our Vision

This Foundation exists to reach people of all nations for Christ so they in turn can disciple change in the lives of others.

Contact Us Today!

Change a Life Foundation

4080 Lafayette Center Drive

Suite 265

Chantilly, VA 20151

Email: mwooden@changealife.net

Phone:( 571) 375.1746

Registered 501(c)3 NonProfit 

© 2023 by Change a Life Foundation  |  Terms of Use  |   Privacy Policy